Author Topic: Don't cross the streams  (Read 2989 times)

Atomika

• Bronze Level
Don't cross the streams
« on: March 10, 2010, 13:01:02 »
So I toss a battery back into my Turbo Hammer last night and turn it on. No power. So I flip it back over open the door and and a lil plume of  smoke billows out and the plastic wrapping curls up. I hurry and flip it over to hurry and pop the battery out as I am terrified that I jus smoked my Turbo Hammer. The battery had heated up so fast that when I turned it over the soldier had come undone and the battery fell to the floor and started sputtering and hissing. The battery had gotten so hot you could lick your finger, stick it to it & it would sizzle. So I quickly grabbed it with a towel and tossed it in a container of water and then burst in the container.

The only thing I can think is that the wire casing had worn thru to the point where the wires  could touch and cooked the battery.

The good thing is my Turbo Hammer came out unscathed  ;D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Don't cross the streams
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 17:37:47 »
Yikes! Were there any visible signs before that happened that the battery was faulty?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Gamester

• Silver Level
Re: Don't cross the streams
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 18:39:32 »
Been there.  I have had batteries give out while being charged a few times before also and that is not a pretty sight either.  Burnt some carpet up a bit once.