Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Saw V
« on: October 12, 2008, 14:09:45 »
Comes to theaters soon!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132626/

Chris...what do you say to an opening night viewing?   

Anyone else with us on this?

David?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 14:15:30 by Wyldwing »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Saw V
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 16:16:07 »
Not a theater one for me. The first one was better than I thought it would be. I'd have to see more of the others still though.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:58:34 »
I think one was very good. I was very much let down with the next two installments.
Just my opinion.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:39:11 »
Well, I'm in.  Horror movies are more fun with friends.  Otherwise, I usually don't bother, but Saw has been pretty good so far.  I'm curious to see if Saw will take on more of a Fight Club aspect since the last movie, or if they're going to milk the possibility that Jigsaw had even more scenarios going before he died.

I'm not spoiling anything by saying that am I?  Especially considering the poster for IV was the guy's head in an autopsy scale.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 09:52:43 »
Never saw the poster. I'm not sure that what you've said is spoiling anything, but it gives me the impression that it is. Then again, I thought the first Saw was spoiled for me but I was still surprised with the ending, so I guess it's not a big issue.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 07:36:51 »
Nawwww..... Not a movie theater one for me either. Just rented the new Indy flick on Blu-Ray.  Haven't seen it but heard alot. Hope I'm not too dissapointed.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 10:29:52 »
Chris...

Thinking about Saturday...afternoonish?  Haven't really firmed it up, but does that work for you.

Here's how my Saturday is looking...and why it's so...loose...

Saturday Morning from 10-12 I will be at my Church's fall festival.

12-1 will be lunchtime.

Somewhere between 1 and 2 the kids and I will hit the theater to enjoy 2 movies.

That puts me somewhere around the 6pm ish for Saw V - I don't have showtimes yet.

6-8 or so would be Saw V.

Then back to my place for  an hour or two of gaming.

If anyone would like to join me for any part of this day, please let me know. 

My home number can be gotten by e-mail.  Taxcpamst@yahoo.com

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 09:11:01 »
That sounds good.  Gimme a call on Saturday when you have a definate time for Saw. 

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 17:40:20 »
Chris...give me a call at home and give me your number.

I will call you tomorrow when I finalize the schedule for Saturday!!

Nathaniel, can you join us on Saturday for a couple hours of gaming at my place?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 08:16:02 »
It's always a power play with you, isn't it? :D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 16:59:05 »
Nathaniel, can you join us on Saturday for a couple hours of gaming at my place?

Sorry, with Isaac's party on Sunday and all the homework that I have to do, I don't really have time. I even blocked this site from my computer for the week, until just a little bit ago today, so I wouldn't accidentally be visiting the site and getting sidetracked.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 17:51:42 »
More of the same...

But in Saw's case, that's FANTASTIC!!

I was thinking this was the final movie in the series.  Apparently not.  Because there are still some unanswered questions.

One question I was asking, however, I guess doesn't warrant a response.  Here is the word directly from IMDB

Will we find out what is in the envelope?

Darren Lynn Bousmann (DLB) said in the Saw IV commentary track that they had given the audience all the needed to know about the envelope: Hoffman (Costas Mandylor) wrote it, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) knew about it, and Amanda (Shawnee Smith) has strong emotions while reading it.The rest is up for interpretation.

And for another lingering question...apparently there IS an answer...

Why wasn't Dr Gordon in Saws II through V?

Dr Gordon didn't appear in Saw II, Saw III or Saw IV because Cary Elwes filed a lawsuit in August 2005 against the producers of Saw because of not getting paid. It was rumored that they had made up and that Leigh Whannell stated he might be back in Saw V or Saw VI. Since he's not in Saw V, perhaps he'll reappear in Saw VI since its down right the biggest mystery's in the SAW Franchise . There may be a possibility that his fate will be revealed in the upcoming Saw Video Game since it is writen by original creators Leigh Whannell and James Wan, will be set at the same time as SAW and since it been rumored they have made up they dont nesserly need Cary Elwes to returen, only the likeness of Dr Gordon and voiced by a diffrent actor. In my opinion he should appear in SAW VI.

And how about a new question??

What was in the box from John to Jill?

This is unclear but John described it as a "grave matter" and Jill looked very serious when she looked inside. One thing that could possibily be in the box is the evidence that proves Hoffman is the real accomplice. In the scene where Hoffman first meets Jigsaw, Jigsaw tells Hoffman that if Hoffman kills him that he has all the information that proves Hoffman was involved with the Pendalum trap and he will have it released following Jigsaws dissapearence. This could mean that he left all of this information for Jill for her to do with it what she wants. As he says, "I trust you will know what to do with it". Another thing that could also be in the box is the test for Hoffman. At the end of SAW IV Hoffman finds the tape in Jigsaws stomach which promises that Hoffman will not go untested and that Jigsaws work will continue. And seeing that the autopsy scene still has not happened by the end of SAW V it is possible that there will be a tape or video for Jill to give to Hoffman that will be his test. That would explain the reason she looked so serious because she saw a tape recorder in the box.

There is behind the scenes footage of Jill standing in a hallway next to the box. All around Jill are photos of different people. So even though we still do not know all the contents of this box, it is safe to believe that the photos came from the box and Jill hung them up.

IMBD does have Saw VI, with a 2009 release date, but it has no real info.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233227/

This is the best horror franchise that I've ever followed for this long.  The Blade series was also one of my favorites...but it didn't have the longevity of V.

I look forward to our movie date next year Chris.  Same Jigsaw Time...Same Jigsaw Channel.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 18:14:01 by Wyldwing »