Author Topic: FINALLY!!! Chinese Democracy!!!  (Read 3302 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
FINALLY!!! Chinese Democracy!!!
« on: November 04, 2008, 20:13:42 »
In last Sunday's paper...I finally saw it.  An advertisement for the long awaited Guns N Roses album, Chinese Democracy.

Apparently it's being released this month.  Guns N Roses is one of my all time favorite bands (if not THE favorite) and I've been waiting for a new album since Use Your Illusion I and II came out.

Finally!

And to all those naysayers that say "It isn't Guns N Roses"...I disagree.  Anyone can play guitar and drums...it's the VOCAL ability that gives the band it's distinctive sound.  Slash was great...but he can be replaced...the sound of Axl's voice cannot.  That IS Guns N Roses.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 20:20:58 by Wyldwing »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: FINALLY!!! Chinese Democracy!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 23:59:34 »
So... does that mean everyone in the US gets their free can of Dr. Pepper?

I will agree and disagree with your statements. Although I believe that you are correct, that without Axl, it's not GnR, but not everyone can just jump in and make the same impact playing guitar. Some bands have very distinctive sounds and fans of those musicians can pick out their signature sounds even before hearing a singer or confirming the name of the band in other ways (such as checking the display if it's on the computer or newer car stereos). Guitarists can even mess up by changing their signature styles - take Metallica for example. If you take out the signature sound, yeah, you practically have replaced the guitarist. Hopefully it makes the sound better, but that's not always the case.

By the way, do you like all of the GnR albums, or do you just really, really like Appetite for Destruction?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 13:10:21 »
I love every album, with the exception of the Spaghetti Incident.  Those are songs written by others and you can tell it's not GnR.

I can't wait.  It's a must buy!  Maybe I'll ask Santa for Christmas!!

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:53:15 »
November 28th at Best Buy!!!

Oh yes...I have a feeling that I will be getting this from my wife for my B-day!

Here is Rolling Stone's review of the new album

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/24024297/review/24161281/chinese_democracy

Sounds like it won't disappoint!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Celebrate Chinese Democracy with Dr. Pepper
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 16:30:22 »
Visit the Dr. Pepper website to get your FREE 20 oz Dr. Pepper on Nov 23, 2008 in celebration of this monumental event.

See http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20081024/en_music_eo/65504 for more details.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 21:12:11 »
Got my Dr. Pepper

AND I went to Best Buy and have the album.

I'll let you know what I think after I've listened to it for a few days...but for right now..

Check this out...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4770256a1860.html

So far, I love Chinese Democracy, Better and IRS.  More to come...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 21:51:27 by Wyldwing »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 23:06:01 »
Trying to get my Free DP, but their site is crashing now.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 14:06:00 »
The more I listen to it, the more I like it!!!  It's ANOTHER HIT!

;D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 19:17:29 »
"So many GN'R fans tried to get the coupon that they choked the site and it crashed. Disgruntled and downright ticked off, some blamed the band."

"Guns N' Roses wants an apology from Dr Pepper after a crashed Web site left fans locked out of a promotion."

Read the full story at CNN.com.