Author Topic: rebuilding a tyco fast traxx  (Read 8153 times)

NickDude

• Copper Level
rebuilding a tyco fast traxx
« on: August 26, 2010, 12:54:54 »
hi i am new to this forum.  i recently bought a fast traxx on ebay for real cheap (but it was a disaster).  my intentions were to rebuild it using hobby grade motors and electronic speed controls and a bigger battery pack.  my question lies here i want to find a two stick controller for the fast traxx like the one that came with it.  does it exist.  the project calls for me to make a custom chassis (thinking about making it out of lexan) and a custom gearing.  i have that pretty much figured out but the controller is really stopping from moving forward with this project any help???

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: rebuilding a tyco fast traxx
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 13:19:41 »
so you are just looking for an original controller? there was just a lot on ebay with multiple actually it was posted from a guy on here, they are gone now though but someone on here probably has one, i do but no antenna, it goes to my parts fast traxx.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 13:49:35 »
if ur gonna put all hobby upgrade in it id go for somthing like this it has 2 ups 2 downs 2 lefts 2 rights

http://www.rccarsandtrucks.co.uk/1486_1_105701476.html
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

NickDude

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 14:46:38 »
Thanks scorcher that is exactly what i need i was looking for a two channel one but i think that will work fine.  hopefully i will Finnish the project soon and check out the performance on this thing.  i am customizing the suspension, drive train, gearing, chassis etc. its actually really cool what i want done.  i am also bidding on a tyco hammer that i want to upgrade to hobby grade (perhaps brushless and lipo  setup) and build the ultimate sleeper. 

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 17:14:52 »
HI and welcome . to be honest the controller is the least of your problems  because of the way the fast track steers  skid steering and twin motors one each side of the gearbox you will need to use two electronic speed controllers so that each motor can work independent of each other this can be done pretty easy though the two controllers will need to be the same (spec ) run the same voltage and so on .brushed speed controllers can be had pretty cheap now from ebay  but like i said they must both be the same or the motors will run out of sync.with each other .i have converted more toy grade r/c to hobby grade than i care to remember .and it is real easy providing the correct tools and components are used , as for installing brushless systems in toy grade r/c to be honest most systems are so powerfull they end up shredding the gears in a very short time .and indeed can also shred the gears in some hobby grade r/c  running lipo is a advantage over the old nicad and nimh it is pretty much all i use now ,but unless the chosen esc has a (L.V.C ) low voltage cut of  you would be wise to install a after market add on  such as the novak smart stop .. seen in this link  hope this helps ..  http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=30589
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 17:24:52 by notatoy »

NickDude

• Copper Level
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 00:02:29 »
i have the speed controls and motors i just need to design the drive train i have not figured that out yet

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 03:26:55 »
i have the speed controls and motors i just need to design the drive train i have not figured that out yet
COOL look forward to seeing your project  ;)

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 17:42:45 »
COOL look forward to seeing your project  ;)

X2.......this will be interesting to see!!
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator