Author Topic: Tyco Dozer prototype and unpainted test shot for sale  (Read 5472 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Tyco Dozer prototype and unpainted test shot for sale
« on: November 18, 2008, 09:39:40 »
A collector that I've been in contact with recently is unloading some rare stuff. Here's another item he has for sale:

"Dozer original working prototype and unpainted test shot...$75"

Note from the seller:

Please note that these are one of a kind archive items. The painted one is a pre-production item hand-made of resin and was used to show and demonstrate at the New York Toy Fair, so there may be some small parts that were broken on it. I am selling them as-is. There are no controllers with them but you can probably use a controller from any Tyco R/C car with the same frequency. I have not tested them and not really sure if they are in working order when they were put in Tyco's archive storage. I can take more photos if interested.
I can tell you that it cost Tyco, thousands of dollars in man-hours to produce it.

See below for more photos.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 14:02:01 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

rx7 racer

• Bronze Level
Re: Tyco Dozer prototype and unpainted test shot for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 14:31:24 »
  can you post more pics of the one that has color on it?I am interested in it.Oh b.t.w i am Tommy tek its been a while since i have been on this sight.And its been about over a year since i have collected tycos.I since then sold my entire collection and now i am back with a vengeance LOL.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 16:04:37 »
Welcome back. (Your post count has been updated.)

I'll try to get more photos.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 14:07:21 »
Your request has been granted. Here are more photos and a note from the seller (which I've also included above):

Note from the seller:

Please note that these are one of a kind archive items. The painted one is a pre-production item hand-made of resin and was used to show and demonstrate at the New York Toy Fair, so there may be some small parts that were broken on it. I am selling them as-is. There are no controllers with them but you can probably use a controller from any Tyco R/C car with the same frequency. I have not tested them and not really sure if they are in working order when they were put in Tyco's archive storage. I can take more photos if interested.
I can tell you that it cost Tyco, thousands of dollars in man-hours to produce it.

The seller has requested that I not display his contact information, so if you're seriously interested in buying it, please let me know how you want him to get in touch with you.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 09:23:06 »
This item has been sold. Be sure to check the site for other unique vintage Tyco R/C vehicles and items. Others are still available:

Tyco Armegeddon vehicle resin model and production model for sale
Rare Home Alone 3 Mutator for sale
Tyco Hi-Jacker Original Box Art for sale
Tyco Psycho Prototype for sale