Author Topic: hot wheels mini -t toy to hobby grade conversion :-)  (Read 9082 times)

notatoy

• Silver Level
hot wheels mini -t toy to hobby grade conversion :-)
« on: September 07, 2010, 14:05:20 »
hi guys well after my epic fail of the gearbox on my turbo fox  :'( :'( .  i decided to use what i had to convert this toy hotwheels mini t .to hobby grade i have the losi motor fitted i needed to trimm the rear plastic motor mount inside the gear box for this motor to fitt sorry no pics of the cutting all you can see is the losi motor end bell , as the motor is enclosed in this gearbox but i must say the gears are pretty strong on this model the differential is already locked . i have oilld the plastic bushings and the gears . pics to follow thanks

notatoy

• Silver Level
Re: hot wheels mini -t toy to hobby grade conversion :-)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 14:12:35 »
ok in no order here is the hot wheels mini -t conversion   ..         

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 14:14:58 »
lets hope this one goes according to plan   ::) ::) ;D  more to follow thanks

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 14:50:42 »
that poor car, it was already fast! haha
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 15:06:55 »
that poor car, it was already fast! haha
YOU AIN'T driven fast ha ha . you should try brushless i think it will open your eyes .lol..  ;D :D

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 15:17:09 »
yeah haha well, i gotta keep it at a speed that my little brother can handle. plus brushless sounds expensive.  ;D
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 15:23:02 »
yeah haha well, i gotta keep it at a speed that my little brother can handle. plus brushless sounds expensive.  ;D
i understand brushless not for the younger ones and it can be expensive depending on what system you choose , i for the most use hobbywing i find there prices very reasonable   ,  ;) hobby parts.com in the usa are amongest the best suppliers ......   http://www.hobbypartz.com/

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 21:50:52 »
So my 4x4 bandit has a remote, and is fully operational, but now my problem is when it turns the wheels rub the body!!! I can't win, haha I fixed the back shocks, made battery doors, got a remote, and now this!!! I guess I need longer screws and washers to raise it up.  But good news along with that remote came another one which made my half traxx fully functional!!! Which I think is probably as fast as the fast traxx.

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 02:55:26 »
So my 4x4 bandit has a remote, and is fully operational, but now my problem is when it turns the wheels rub the body!!! I can't win, haha I fixed the back shocks, made battery doors, got a remote, and now this!!! I guess I need longer screws and washers to raise it up.  But good news along with that remote came another one which made my half traxx fully functional!!! Which I think is probably as fast as the fast traxx.
  yes as you have said just raise the body good to hear you got the remotes sorted out .  ;D

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 10:31:35 »
yeah i'm just afraid it will strain the back shocks haha

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 11:34:17 »
ok guys small update , not had much time to work on my r/c projects as my wife has decided  she wants me to remodel our home  :-\ :-X.. any how i have had to make a small shelf to accomadate the hobby electronics  at the rear of the car the bonus is this ads a little strength as this is part of the rear shock mounting sub frame .. the esc speed controller sits nice on top of this shelf  you will also see a yellowish substance in side the bottom of the chassie this is fibreglass filler i had to use this not only to give strength but to fill in the small holes left buy the batt tray door .. looks a bit rough at the moment but once all sanded down and painted no one will be the wiser lol.. still need to mount the servo and antenna also body posts update soon thanks guys   ....  pics >>>         

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 15:11:01 »
hi fellas well i found a video of this car .the one i call the hot wheels mini -t  .lol. it goes buy a different name . in this video but is the same car .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93ieL1c0A0&NR=1&feature=fvwp ;) if it does 250 mph scale speed stock well i must get 350 with a  losi motor fitted and hobby grade electronics haa  ::)haa

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 13:55:11 »
I checked out that video and looked up the FTX Fury 9.6v - it looks like it would be a pretty cool car right out of the box.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)