Author Topic: fixing tyco truck fast traxx and nikko shredder  (Read 14709 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
fixing tyco truck fast traxx and nikko shredder
« on: September 30, 2010, 23:27:16 »
so here is my new fast traxx truck that while in transit the rear shock mount broke on the gear box. sad since it is such a small part but as we speak hopefully J.B. weld is doing its job. luckily they refunded me 20$ making this truck cost me a total of 48$ and some tenderlovingcare.  :)

This next one Is the fast traxx truck's enemy the Nikko Land Shredder. I recieved t...his knowing the engines weren't in the truck and that one tread was broken. It was said that it does work. so I put the engines back into the truck and just test it to see that it works. then to my surprise i find that the left side of the remote is non responsive. this wasn't listed though so I'm still waiting to see what the seller will do to correct this. So tonight I ripped the remote apart and fixed it!!!! Then also i patched the tread with staples and glue haha. take a look.

Before

After

Although you can't tell the light is on on the remote
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

scorcher

• Platinum Level
Re: fixing tyco truck fast traxx and nikko shredder
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 13:33:54 »
is tha shredder any good
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 13:57:33 »
i don't know its been raining. but i think it will be like  the fast traxx in low gear about, maybe a tad faster not sure, i'll be able to tell by next week, i'm at the beach this weekend.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 14:42:00 »
-I had a Nikko Land Shark, (car version of Road Shredder), I liked it, w/2 speeds
on the radio, it was much easier to manuver precisely.  The land Shark wasn't
nearly as good outdoors, it didn't have the ground clearance or aggressiveness of
tread to get around, & for some reason, kept loosening screws out of the underside
of it, in the dirt/rough, (but I'd imagine that was a fluke of the one I had). 

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 16:25:04 »
there haha, when you refer to the two speeds do you mean the low, then turbo?

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 03:09:01 »
-yep, & only a 1 spd. gbx. 

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 04:51:28 »
hmm my land shark had the turbo function on the remote plus it had hi and lo on the gear box, even so i dont think it had as much get up as the tyco, although it was still pretty cool.

mine also had the screw loosening problem.

cz you should have bought that lot i sold on ebay awhile back that had that landshark in it, along with many others
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 04:54:48 »
by the way, you have an extra set of traxx belts you wanna turn loose of, cz??
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 10:46:17 »
i should have bought those probably. and i might be will to let a set go for the right price.

zvonedj

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 12:28:24 »
Hi guys..

Just wondering where to get new rubber treads for nikko shredder ?
I have one fully working but i lost belts .
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:43:32 by zvonedj »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 23:11:23 »
I'm not sure if it would be an exact fit or not, but I did come across this set of Tamiya tracks for $9.95 on jameco.com:

Tank Track and Wheel Set

The Track and Wheel Set offers three different lengths of tracks to choose from, allowing for a large degree of adjustability and creativity in design. Sprocket wheels, idler wheels, and road wheels have all been included. Can be used with a variety of Tamiya Construction and Robotics products.

Set Includes:
(2) 30 link track belts (about 7 1/2 inch long)
(4) 10-link belts (2 5/8 inch)
(4) 8-link belts (2 1/4 inch)

Specifications:
Manufacturer Part No.: 70100
Width is about 1/2 inch
Wheels: large about 32 mm (1.25") and small about 11 mm (0.43") diameter.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&productId=358299&catalogId=10001&CID=GOOG&gclid=Cj0KEQiAsZayBRCrioKRkYetvc0BEiQAI70-AyB-9Adq3nIzhIh0jUczuPI3qSIH0eC3GRjOWvriC00aAjoU8P8HAQ
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)