Author Topic: hobby engines in tycos.  (Read 7337 times)

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
Re: hobby engines in tycos.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 16:34:55 »
im gonna have to do some searchin. this maybee something to try
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 16:37:03 »
I havent done a full rear end swap just yet, but if i were to do one it would be with either the tamiya midnight pumpkin or grasshopper rear end to keep with width down. then yes you could brushless it all you want
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 16:41:24 »
so when we meeting up to make the badest tyco's ever? haha
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 17:15:16 »
so i put different plastic steering pieces on and that helped some but it didn't fix it completely. if its not on the ground it does straiten out for the most part. and i went to test it and of course i have no charged battery.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 17:30:50 »
that tamiya hornet housing looks like it could be made to fit the bandit easy enuff, if i could figure out the wheel mounting this might be something tht happens soon, and it looks like it holds 540 motor too.

what bruhless motor would be good to use, and esc servo and radio would be upto the task? i think i will do this to the spare chassis i have sitting in the drawer
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 19:40:20 »
you can come down to dallas any time haha, I sit in my 4runner shop and work on r/c cars all day when im not busy. I once spent a week doing almost nothing but painting that red nissan body. The next few weeks ill be working on the 1/10 bandit or making another creation

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 19:50:32 »
best way to go is by using a traxxas velineon brushless speed control and motor with an fm radio for less interference.

The you would wanna setup the steering using a micro servo. Might even wanna make your own steering link with minimal drilling involved.

the grasshopper rear end might be a better way to go as its a 380 and would save space since you are already gonna be cramming that rear end under there, you need all the space you can get. You might check the width first because the rear ends will be wider than the bandit

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 22:25:34 »
i think i need to get and build a hobby grade car just so i know what you guys are talking about haha

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 04:25:14 »
best way to go is by using a traxxas velineon brushless speed control and motor with an fm radio for less interference.

The you would wanna setup the steering using a micro servo. Might even wanna make your own steering link with minimal drilling involved.

the grasshopper rear end might be a better way to go as its a 380 and would save space since you are already gonna be cramming that rear end under there, you need all the space you can get. You might check the width first because the rear ends will be wider than the bandit

i dont see to much in the way of replacement rear diffs on ebay??? is this something ill have to buy a complete used one or is there a getting place for this, imma make a 40+ mph bandit
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator