Author Topic: Dealers catalog from 1980's- 1990's-photos  (Read 98582 times)

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
Re: Toy Catalogs!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 11:27:24 »
-did you remember that monster-truck w/HUGE balloon tires-LOL!!!

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 11:28:05 »
Wow I remember having a lot of those cars, I even had one of those black scorpions and never should have got rid of it.
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

MAURBE

• Copper Level
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 16:33:46 »
FIRST AT ALL THANKS U SavedONE FOR THE POST,  SOME OF MY FAVORITES TOYS FROM 1991 & 1987 REGARDS FROM COLOMBIA

MAURBE

• Copper Level
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 16:41:22 »
SOME PICS OF MY FAVORITES....

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 19:30:49 »
I have the yellow version of that boat

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 20:03:14 »
how does the boat run?
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

turbobandit

• Bronze Level
Re: Tyco dealers catalog from 1990 and 1992-photos
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 20:36:35 »
Awesome find!!!

turbobandit

• Bronze Level
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 20:37:14 »
Nice Find, ive had and have quite a few of those.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 23:52:19 »
i like the fact that the scorpion looks like a racing/ offroad truck.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Atomika

• Bronze Level
Re: Dealers catalog from 1980's- 1990's-photos
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:50 »
Man I am so glad u guys posted these! Brings back so many memories. The Bandit was my "Red Ryder BB gun" I was obsessed with getting it. I'd sit and watch X-mas shows with my folks while having the Pennys and sears catalogs open to the pages they were on. Like being 11 all over again :) All these years later & still getting RC stuff for X-mas. Got a Monster XX & a Grave Robber body for my Nitro Stampede!

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 18:22:47 »
Oh hell yeah, i used to love seeing these old sears magazines from the early 90's every christmas. Actually I think it was the only thing sears had that I had any interest in lol.

I even remember every sunday before christmas i would tear into the news paper and find all the adds to stores like toys r us and kmart when they would advertise these.

The bandit was my all time unicorn of r/c cars. My older brothers friends who lived behind me got them for christmas one year and i wanted one sooooooo bad and never could find one. They moved off several years after and i didnt talk to them for a long time. Then 14 years after that christmas I got both of their bandits from them and will never sell them for any amount of money

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 18:32:59 »
do you have anymore  catalogs to take pictures of?

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 22:00:41 »
I've got a ton more pictures from those 1990 and 1992 catalogs. Some 9.6 v cars, a ton of jet turbo 7.2v cars and 4.8v cars. Im gonna look this weekend and see if i have any more catalogs like that

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 00:24:51 »
sweet! kinda depressing for me knowing i wasn't around for the good r'c era. i love seeing what you guys got to exprience

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 02:03:12 »
Its great to see that other people have an appreciation for these cars that were such a big part of my childhood. I can remember all these cars back in the early 90's and how much of a hit they were. I love sharing pictures and stories of these things from what I remember

I even remember back in the day it was about 1993 I was just a little kid and went to one of my sisters softball games and I was playing around and stumbled upon a wing for a yellow wild thing hopper. I guess some kid broke his off. At the time I didnt know what it really was, all I knew was that it was made by tyco and so I took it home and kept it. Later I found it was the wild thing hopper wing and was gonna try to buy one some day but the wing got lost. Now I have a yellow and black wild thing hopper and the yellow one was missing the wing when I got it, kinda makes me wonder.........