Author Topic: anyone know where to get plastic pieces made?  (Read 3914 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
anyone know where to get plastic pieces made?
« on: January 07, 2011, 18:32:12 »
i have no where around where it live that could mold a plastic replacement wheel for the back of the Sfast traxx. does anyone live near or know of a place that would do this?
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
Re: anyone know where to get plastic pieces made?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 22:02:36 »
I dont know about that, but one of my customers is a machinist and is willing to make me some aluminum gears for the bandit in exchange for car parts.
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 22:38:07 »
theres only one problem with doing that, injection molded plastic and similar is not something that your gonna find alot if any small companies doing, you would have to actually get in touch with a company and see if they could copy what you have but then your gonna pay for time and tooling just for the set up. the cost is in the mold and set up, so making one wheel most likeley wouldnt be worth it, the only sensible thing to do if ya were gonna try and pull that off is have alot of them made and hope you can sell them.

probally better to get another sfast traxx.

fo mac in tulsa oklahoma makes all kinds of plastic stuff from molds
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 00:04:43 »
tyco king-- hmm would he make aluminum wheels?

preformer-- fo mac? is he a member on here?
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 00:48:48 »
no, fo mac is the name of an injection molding company, you call a place like that and throw it in the air just to see what it would cost,

i was thinking about it a while ago, it would be nice to find a place to make us some replacement parts, that guy who made the treads for fast traxx had to go somewhere
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 01:14:12 »
oh i got ya. yes parts would be nice, i have two stripped bandit rears, and two stripped eliminator rears

and chrome bumpers, and the black bumpers would be nice