Author Topic: Starting Over  (Read 13359 times)

sirnamemr

• Copper Level
Starting Over
« on: December 18, 2008, 02:07:01 »
Hello,

I am new to the board and just wanted to say hello and a little about why I am here.

When I was a kid I had a black Tyco Turbo Bandit. It was the awesomest RC car I had ever seen. My brother had a red Tyco Lamborghini Countach that I dropped and scratched a few days after Christmas so my parents returned it and got him something different. What a crybaby, I don't think he ever wanted it and that is why he made such a big deal about and never got a different one. lol

I only recently started collecting the Tyco RC cars I remembered I had wanted as ac child. So far I have accrued a Tyco Typhoon Hovercraft in it's original box. I also picked up two Taiyo Edge Hovercrafts, one used and one brand new just for fun.

Ideally I would like to own, preferably brand new in the box or at least with it's original box, the Tyco Turbo Bandit (Black), Tyco Fast Traxx (Red), Tyco Fast Traxx Pickup and the Tyco Lamborghini Countach (Red).

I have been searching eBay like a mad man and there is a few brand new ones on there but they are going for close to $300.00 and right now I can't afford that but when day I will have them all.

Well thanks for listening to me and if anyone has any of the ones I'm looking for up for sale please let me know. They can be working or not, with or without there boxes.

Here is my recently required Tyco Typhoon Hovercraft.

Here is some pics of the ones I wish to own some day.

tyco toys

• Silver Level
Re: Starting Over
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 05:28:55 »
Nice Typhoon, I like the original  version better than the rest.   Don't even bother powering  it up,   the rubber   is so old by now, it'll likely tear  in no time.   Watch out for the red Lambo's,   Tyco released a non-Twin  Turbo version a few years later. This version didn't come with a  pistol controller and is slower.

sirnamemr

• Copper Level
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 13:16:06 »
Well you can take this off my list! Brand new, in the box Tyco Fast Traxx Pickup. I just won it on eBay.

sirnamemr

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 13:19:09 »
Nice Typhoon, I like the original  version better than the rest.   Don't even bother powering  it up,   the rubber   is so old by now, it'll likely tear  in no time.   Watch out for the red Lambo's,   Tyco released a non-Twin  Turbo version a few years later. This version didn't come with a  pistol controller and is slower.

Thanks for the heads up with the Lambo, and I had no intention of driving the Typhoon, that is why I bought a couple other cheap knock-offs. :)

rx7 racer

• Bronze Level
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 10:39:00 »
  Hey and welcome to the best darn sight on the internet, I have a similar story.as a child i phisically abused by my real parents and shipped off to foster care  and never had gotton any rc's or toys for that matter from my foster parents. >:(I rememberd x-mases very well i would recieve crap gifts like clothes and my foster brothers which was my F parents real son would get things like the fats traxx,that was tycos first rc i had ever seen as a child.Oh sure i rememberd seeing the commercials and would drool over thes cars.
              My F brother would beat his fast traxx up and he was spoiled and didnt desrve them and treated his toys like crap.I remembered cleaning up and wiping off his fast traxx so it wouldnt be dirtyy and i would just sit there and stare at it and just fantasize about owning one.
           Now that i have my own kids i want them to have a child hood i never gotton.I started about a over a year ago and collected fast traxx first because it hold a special place in my heart.Then it went on to bandits,hoppers twinturbo lambos and than nikkos and so on.Then i sold them all off about a year ago.And now the bug bit me once again and i am back collecting.
           Congrats on the new fats traxx pickup i was bidding on that had i known you wanted it i would have not bidded at all.I will post pics of what i got now and what i had a few years ago.Thansk for sharing your story sincerly your friend tommy tek.

sirnamemr

• Copper Level
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 03:20:31 »
  Hey and welcome to the best darn sight on the internet, I have a similar story.as a child i phisically abused by my real parents and shipped off to foster care  and never had gotton any rc's or toys for that matter from my foster parents. >:(I rememberd x-mases very well i would recieve crap gifts like clothes and my foster brothers which was my F parents real son would get things like the fats traxx,that was tycos first rc i had ever seen as a child.Oh sure i rememberd seeing the commercials and would drool over thes cars.
              My F brother would beat his fast traxx up and he was spoiled and didnt desrve them and treated his toys like crap.I remembered cleaning up and wiping off his fast traxx so it wouldnt be dirtyy and i would just sit there and stare at it and just fantasize about owning one.
           Now that i have my own kids i want them to have a child hood i never gotton.I started about a over a year ago and collected fast traxx first because it hold a special place in my heart.Then it went on to bandits,hoppers twinturbo lambos and than nikkos and so on.Then i sold them all off about a year ago.And now the bug bit me once again and i am back collecting.
           Congrats on the new fats traxx pickup i was bidding on that had i known you wanted it i would have not bidded at all.I will post pics of what i got now and what i had a few years ago.Thansk for sharing your story sincerly your friend tommy tek.

Thank for sharing your story! I was really happy to win the Fast Traxx Pickup, I can't wait till it gets here. I will post pics for sure, even know this forum seems pretty slow these days. lol

What I really want is black Turbo Bandit like I had as a child, see pic below, I would "kill" for one!

rx7 racer

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 00:59:30 »
  i just got a red bandit off of ebay and i have a black body but its on my brothers fast traxx.He swapped the neon green body like the one you won for a black bandit body.

Tamm

• Copper Level
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 07:37:07 »
Hi
Everyone I am new this forum and found it while looking for info on The tyco mutator and other Tyco radio controlled toys from the late 1980s to the mid 1990s some of the modern tyco toys do not have the build quality of the early ones.I have repaired many of my own tycos.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 14:21:56 »
Welcome to the site. I try to check eBay regularly and post any interesting finds. Other members do also post links to auctions they find and vehicles that they are selling, so hopefully you'll find what you're looking for soon.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Tamm

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 16:35:20 »
Hi
Have just bought A tyco Mutator 40Mhz version For the Bargain price of £5 it came with a control and it works,Has anyone heard of the Tyco fugitive which i also bought for £3 but no control with it and a good condition mini super Tyco bandit for 50p will post pix very soon i have a lot of parts that i have kept from various cars if you are looking for a part let me know and i will have a look at what i have got .I live in Glasgow in the uk i have bought a lot tyco cars from a local daily market called Paddys Market if you are ever in glasgow check it out you never know what you may find.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 10:19:43 by Tamm »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 00:04:47 »
Cool! Looking forward to seeing the pics.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Tamm

• Copper Level
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 09:39:01 »
Here are some of my recent finds

Tamm

• Copper Level
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 15:28:53 »
My Tyco Mutator

Tamm

• Copper Level