Author Topic: Bandit Turbo Part/Fix Help  (Read 11896 times)

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
Re: Bandit Turbo Part/Fix Help
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 12:47:43 »
Just checking to see if anybody has anything to help me out? Or a way to fix it?

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 13:04:21 »
hold tight, I have a perfect working radio in my wild thing hopper that I am going to be converting to a hobby car setup. I just ran a super hot motor in it and the speed control wont handle it so I will be taking the complete radio out.
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 13:34:37 »
hold tight, I have a perfect working radio in my wild thing hopper that I am going to be converting to a hobby car setup. I just ran a super hot motor in it and the speed control wont handle it so I will be taking the complete radio out.

Sorry, not presureing anyone, but after years of motorcycle "forums" & people saying "sure man got one" and then there never heard from again, sometimes you just have to refresh ;). Really no hurry weather sucks here, so can't get it outside anyways.

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 12:41:06 »
Well I got a new servo and it has the same problem. Any other ideas?

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 14:32:58 »
did you use the whole board/servo or only the servo? im assuming you used both? the board i sent you came from a working truck so id check the remote itself, i had one that the contacts was not making good connection when you turned, if you only tried swapping the servo, then id give the remote a try and then swap the board
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 14:40:29 »
I just did the servo, less wires to splice. Some of the wires on the board where coming off so I'd have to resolder quite a few to even test it. Not sure if it happened in shipping or what, but at least 3 are barly holding on.

I took the remote apart and looked it over and messed around with it, there was a groove in the copper but even if i tried to move it out of there it was no luck.
Was really hoping to just swap the part and be on the way of driving it.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 19:26:36 »
may have been my barbaric packing.........was on the spot and the plastic bag was all that was handy. anyhow, i bet the board in yours is bad since thats the most common thing ive seen to quit working is the servo, or usually reverse quits either one.

that board i sent you does function, probaly worth adding some solder too if the wires are loose.
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 11:40:57 »
I was hoping it was just the servo.
I really don't want to hack the crap out of mine since alot off your wires were cut off. But we'll wait and see what i do.  Maybe someone has a no hacked board they want to sell.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 12:38:14 »
I might have a board no promises but possibly. I know I have servos.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 04:34:37 »
I was hoping it was just the servo.
I really don't want to hack the crap out of mine since alot off your wires were cut off. But we'll wait and see what i do.  Maybe someone has a no hacked board they want to sell.

well if you already cut the servo loose from the board it was attached to, its already hacked, best thing to do is re solder the 2 battery and 2 motor wires that i had cut loose, and the lil red light is all that hooked to the smaller wires, a solder gun and shrink tube along with 15 minutes and its back in buisness. most likeley if you get another board, the battery wires will be cut in half to remove it from the truck chassis, so will the motors wires unless you get one with the motor included.

in any case if you decide to buy another board you need one from a baja bandit like yours or an older hopper with the old style rear dif like the one in your baja, since the motor is wired the opposit of the old vs newer bandits and other tycos, thats if you buy one with the motor included. the later tycos for some reason have the motors wired the opposit of the newer tycos and so the forward will be reverse and reverse will be forward, im pretty sure its because the difference in the way the gears are set up in the older/newer ones.

good luck, and oh yeah, i had a loose wire on a on off switch awhile back, i heated the tip of the solder gun then just touched it to the soldered joint long enuff to re melt the solder to the wire and it worked good, maybee do that to the loose wires on the board?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:41:59 by performerrpm »
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 13:13:20 »
I haven't been able to touch this project, been super busy & I have a new baby due any day.

Anyone on forum willing to fix this problem for me if i can send it to you?

2jzforme

• Copper Level
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 22:29:28 »
The motor is going to spin intill it reaches the contact loop which completes a continuty circut. You can test this , but u have to unsolder the violet, gray, white and blue wires from the board. If i where u, i wouldnt splice anything. Just re solder a new wire. So what if people say u hacked it, thats just silly talk if it fixes the problem. I fixed my Eliminator, i wouldnt call it hacking.

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 13:33:31 »
The motor is going to spin intill it reaches the contact loop which completes a continuty circut. You can test this , but u have to unsolder the violet, gray, white and blue wires from the board. If i where u, i wouldnt splice anything. Just re solder a new wire. So what if people say u hacked it, thats just silly talk if it fixes the problem. I fixed my Eliminator, i wouldnt call it hacking.

When I get a chance I'll look into this.
I just want the damn thing to work, it's only one little thing keeping me from enjoying it.

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 21:41:04 »
the drive motors or the sterring servo motor spins?

if its the servo tweeking out, seems like a wire is arching creating a pulse circuit.  if theres a bed wire and its pulsaing it will cause the servo to tweek out. 
if its the back motors then check around the 2 wires connected to the motors an board.  make sure theres no dust buildup making contct with the 2 wires.
also touch the radio crystal and see if it wigles. have the car on so if it is that then it you will notice it with the glitching.

not sure if these ones are wax coated to prevent moisture?  maybe some one can answer that for me