Author Topic: check out what i just got  (Read 13654 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
Re: check out what i just got
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 01:47:16 »
now that was a good score!!!! free shipping to boot? lol they will loose money on that deal.

looks like you will need to do the upgrade also, im actualy ordering the parts for mine right now, which is how i probaly missed that bandit you just got
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 01:55:15 »
i have chasis with A arms. i'll send it to you to to the upgrade haha, or just give the list of what you are ordering so i know what to get. it will probably cost more than the truck itself.

after i payed i thought i could have splurgged and got priority shipping. haha

then he emails me and says if youhave any second thoughts i have someone else offering more money, i'll refund you +5.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:19:04 »
i ordered 2 front shock sets at 8 bucks each.

bottle of shock oil for 3 bucks

1 stock front/rear shock mount kit for 4 bucks-wasnt sure they had the hardware needed and they only had 1 in stock

so i bought a composite rear shock mount with hardware for 11.00.

came in at 36 bucks with shipping. yours if you can get a stock mount will be about 15 bucks other wise about 20ish.

look up rc18mt shocks, theres a seller called toadstoys i believe, he also has a online store which is where i bought from.

remember 8 dollar front shock kit, and the rear shock mount-they have several to choose from, ive gotta small dremel and 100s of attachements im gonna use to try and make mine look like it belongs like that, if ya need i can put yours on to, after i master the art on these 2 i have

i may have a nice bumper for that bandit you have
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:23:05 »
heres some ebay stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC18T-RC18MT-Graphite-Rear-Shock-Damper-Tower-/160521731074?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255fd73c02

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC18T-RC18B-RC18MT-21183-Assembled-Rear-Shock-Kit-/330517370034?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf45ed4b2

the second link is the guy i bought from on his site.

im gonna see if it looks like the longer rear shocks would fit a bandit and if so im gonna order a couple sets of them too
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 02:28:13 »
i did actually get to keep my bandit, i sent a request to cancel and luckily the winner accepted since he didnt want the duty taxes and extra shipping fee, guess ill keep that one for awhile
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:20 »
are you also doing the hobby upgrade?

and yeah once you master it. do th shock springs come in different colors?

but a bumper would be great, i was thinking about taking th 2 smiley lights of my hopper and using them on it.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 15:00:08 »
yeah, im still trying to decide on which parts to put in it, i hate to spend 200 bucks hobby grading it with new stuff that will probaly kill the gears, id rather spend a 100 bucks to do that, ive seen some stock take offs for the mini slash that looks like i could get the radio/reciever and speed control/servo for around 100 so im probaly gonna go that route, problem is there rated for 8.4volts i hope 9.6 dont kill it
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 22:51:17 »
ahh, yeah i'm not touching anything to make it hobby grade, cause..... i will kill it and dont know anything about the hobby elctronics.

i wasn't at my computer to get that cheap red banidt only 101

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 12:37:49 »
If you take a hobby speed control thats rated for 8.4 volts and plug a 9.6 it will pop as soon as you plug it in.

Remember this tho, if you upgrade to hobby electronics the speed control will be a major boost in power alone. The outlaw that I put a hobby system went from not be able to keep with a bandit to being able to outrun a bandit.

Most likely you can run a good bit more power with hobby electronics and just an 8.4v but the life of your gears will be decreased significantly. Just wait till I can have the gears machined, then we can go ape *censored* and throw all the power we want at them, next thing will be getting new tires made
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 05:36:46 »
did the bandit make it yet cz? how is it?

oh yeah, that red bandit that sold for 100 bucks was won by that guy who has all the bandits listed and has the mint diff on ebay, he says the bandit is not in great condition so probally better you got the black one and not the red.....especially at 15 bucks
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 08:41:24 »
yeah i know he won  it. but it hasn't come yet, i should have paid for priority mail.

but did you see my eliminator traxx?

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 09:41:34 »
yeah it was pretty cool but you should by a hammer and put the eliminator stickers on it so it will look like the actuall eliminator traxx in the pictures
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 12:28:48 »
Why in the world would someone list a Tyco Bandit as JUST A "1/16 R/C NISSAN TRUCK TYCO" ?!? That was an awesome find for $14.95!  :o
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 12:59:52 »
yeah i want to get my hands on a hammer sooner or later.

and i have no idea why he listed it like that, it does say bandit right on the side. but i dont think it was even up 15 mins before i got it.