Linked Events

• Watchmen at AMC, Oldsmar: March 11, 2009

Author Topic: Watchman Movie  (Read 7763 times)

cinemax

• Gold Level
Watchman Movie
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:07:18 »
I've been looking forward to this film for over a decade now. It really is one of the best graphic novels ever written. The trailer looks awesome! If you're interested check it out the film's website.

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 00:52:10 by Dragon »

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Watchmen Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 14:07:48 »
This is one I've been waiting for as well, and yeah, so far it doesn't look disappointing.  Fingers super-crossed.  Should we plan on an opening weekend Nerdfestacular to see this one?
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
Re: Watchman Movie
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 17:14:17 »
I heard Kevin Smith say that he saw a private screening of the film at ComiCon and that he was really impressed with how it's turning out.  Now, provided they don't chop the life out of it, I'm really excited to see it.

03-06-09 is the release date.  That's a Friday.  Anyone else interested in going opening night?

Among our group... "Who watches the Watchmen?" :)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 18:22:45 »
I don't watch the Watchmen, but what I've heard and seen of it seem interesting, so pencil me in for it.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 07:39:53 »
Dragon, I don't know if you're joking or not but it's a graphic novel. I can lend it to you if you want. I'm TOTALLY up for a opening night screening. I've been waiting for this film for decades.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 08:08:29 »
I have seen a trailer for The Watchmen (while seeing The Dark Knight) and I remember hearing about The Watchmen before from both you and Chris. I wasn't sure if there was a TV series of it or something else to be watched. I'm interested in checking out the graphic novel, but I don't know when I'd have time to read it. Maybe at the end of December, after this semester is over.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 20:28:35 »
I like the outfit that chick is wearing midway through the trailer...but other than that...it's fairly foreign to me and I have no interest.  Maybe when Dave buys it on Blu Ray...

Speaking of which. I purchased Nightmare Before Christmas on Blu Ray!! Very nice!  Also I have a remake of "This is Halloween" that I want you to listen to Dave.  It's by Marilyn Manson!

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 00:05:08 »
I'm prob. getting the blu-ray for X-Mas. I saw the Nightmare cover album in Target a few weeks ago. Is it any good?

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 10:05:58 »
I bought it...then decided to go out to the web and listen to a few tracks.  My kids didn't like ANYTHING except the "This is halloween" song.  So I went and purchased that MP3 for .15 and returned the album!

I'm sure I would have enjoyed the album...but I listed to that music with my kids...so if they told me to return it, I obliged.

Did you want to bring the fam over for dinner one night and do a Nightmare viewing?

Ernie

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 09:49:48 »
I've seen some clips on the web, and I've also found some web comics so I can get somewhat familiar with it...pen me in!
Click on this link and help hatch my Dragons!
http://dragcave.net/user/Y%27oshii%20Capone

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
Re: Upcoming movies
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 13:59:26 »
I'm up for Watchmen.  Anyone willing to go opening weekend, or possibly the Tuesday evening after (03/10/09)?

I mention Tuesday evening as I've been told it's Dragon's best time to do anything these days.

I am up for multiple viewings, so either or both is good for me.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 19:53:19 »
If I don't get a ton of homework assigned during Spring Break, March 10th would probably be a good time for me to go.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 04:11:52 »
Next Friday, Watchman movie opens.
Anyone still interested in seeing it that weekend?
My time is kind of up in the air at the moment, just thought I'd bump the subject.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 04:13:42 »
Tuesday may be good for me, I switch to my new shift, 8am to 5pm. Although I have heard the 'new' department has a lot of overtime on Monday and Tuesday. I may be able to plead out of it. I got an angle.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 12:40:35 »
Okay, if the three of us are going, I'm thinking that theater near Wylder's house would be a good middle ground.

Any other suggestions?

Wyldwing, you in?