Author Topic: Do you think i can shorten a Landshark tread?  (Read 5234 times)

stan

• Gold Level
Do you think i can shorten a Landshark tread?
« on: March 04, 2011, 19:00:47 »
the treds are super stretched. 

I was wondering if i can cut a skid out and glue it, if the glue would hold that is.  so basicly i guess im asking if theres glue that would hold the treads?

and what glue is that?

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: Do you think i can shorten a Landshark tread?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 19:45:41 »
Use staples.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 22:26:51 »
really?  i cut it and use superglue and it looks good not but might not hold for to long

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 00:04:07 »
I stapled together the tread together for my nikko road shredder I had then put glue over it so the staples wouldnt catch anything.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 00:22:34 »
Do not cut the treads they will never hold. The best thing to do is modify the front axle so you can move it forward to tighten the treads as they stretch. Example making room to move the axle forward and usin set screws you can tighten to keep the treads straight
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:59:35 »
Since you've already cut the treads, someone else suggested using a bike tire patch kit.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 18:35:56 »
it works great, treds are tight. did wheelies with it for awhile and chased my dog around and did some off roading.   

It made it faster and it gets way better traction but i miss the drifting it did with loose treds