Author Topic: Up for grabs my mint Tyco Typhoon 9.6v Turbo  (Read 8543 times)

morgrp

• Copper Level
Up for grabs my mint Tyco Typhoon 9.6v Turbo
« on: March 25, 2011, 15:26:59 »
Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker on here but haven't posted much.  I've been in to Tyco's since I was a kid (Last time I posted on here was about selling my Tyco Outlaw)

I've been given what can only be decribed as a mint condition Tyco Typhoon 9.6v Turbo Hovercraft by a friend who couldn't get it to work - turns out a solder needed sorting out and the battery terminals had corroded slightly.  I have since repaired it (to a high standard) and it runs like a dream.

Although this is the model I dreamt of owning when I was a kid it's simply too nice for me to wreck it playing with it so reluctantly I'm letting it   :'( to fund some other projects (hopefully a bandit at some point!) - my collection are all played with (No shelf queens!) ??? I???m also selling a Taiyo Porsche 911 Targa for the same reason

I have run it around my kitchen and it works faultlessly.  I ran it on the 8 battery adapter pack with some 2600mah aa's and it was really quick but it would take (and would be better running on) a 9.6v turbo pack.  It has a charger with it. ??? If it doesn???t sell I???ll keep it and do an 11.4volt 3cell LiPo conversion on it ??? should give it some serious performance and about a 30minute run time

It???s never seen water or even been outside so the air skirt is mint.  The body has a couple of very minor scuffs on the front corners but are not even noticeable.
It's actually a British market ???Taiyo??? Typhoon but is identical to a Tyco apart from the Tyco sticker is a Taiyo. 
It needs to go to a good home so rather than stick it on ebay I thought I???d offer it on here first as I know people on here will appreciate it more.
I???m in the UK but as a seasoned E-bayer am willing to send it anywhere in the world and use pay pal etc.
It???s fully boxed with remote, instructions, charger, and battery pack adapter.
I???m looking for offers on it in either dollars or pounds.
Here are some pics and even if you???re not interested in buying its a lovely looking model so enjoy!

Aw2phillips

• Copper Level
Re: Up for grabs my mint Tyco Typhoon 9.6v Turbo
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 00:46:24 »
Do you still have the typhoon? If so what price are you looking to get?

Please email me.
Thank you
Jeremy
Aw2phillips@gmail.com

Aw2phillips

• Copper Level
Re: Up for grabs my mint Tyco Typhoon 9.6v Turbo
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 00:54:04 »
Never mind I just seen how old this ad is