Author Topic: New Member Super Bandit  (Read 4984 times)

SuperBandit

• Copper Level
New Member Super Bandit
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:03:21 »
Hi,
I'm just a new owner of a Super Bandit.
I got it second-hand in a charity shop for £3!!!

I posted a picture of my little fella. As you can see I removed the decals, the chrome
fake-windows, and the lateral exhausting pipes. I also modified the upper chrome  mounts (from three to two).

Has any of you tried to do other modifications? Such as changing the motor or the battery pack.
For instance, I tried to see whether the rear wheels can be removed. But on my seems impossible.
Also the servo is not proportional...a but annoying. Any help in here?

Anyway, it is a very nice and enjoyable little car. I have only to find a better battery pack (2600/2900 mAh).

Thanks for reading,
giovanni

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: New Member Super Bandit
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 20:44:00 »
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you got a great deal on a cool little truck.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

SuperBandit

• Copper Level
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 03:43:35 »
Hi Dragon,
and thanks for the welcome.

I see that on ebay these truck go for $250...that's insane!
Do you know of any other forum where they customise truck like this?

thanks,
giovanni

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:21:13 »
Yeah, I check out what's on eBay on occasion and post any interesting finds on the Tyco RC on eBay thread here. Those prices definitely get high!

I don't know of any other active specifically for Tyco vehicles. We get quite few people in here though. I know that some of the guys have taken the wheels off those vehicles before. I'll try to look for the specific thread. If you can't find it here, it might be in our old Forum (Archive). Please note that the Archive has been locked down, so if you'd like to continue a discussion about anything there, please start a new thread about it here. (I still plan on migrating it over, but it has taken longer than I originally had planned due to time constraints.)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

SuperBandit

• Copper Level
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:02:06 »
Thanks Dragon,
I'll have a look at the archive then.

gio