Author Topic: newbie  (Read 6847 times)

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:34:25 »
just thought id say hello and let you guys know this is a great wee site. ive been running tamiya trucks and buggys since i was a kid. but it was a tayio max hopper that got me into the RC hobby. spent a few years trying to find a max hopper and now that i have got one im trying to start a collaction of these old RC gems but. trying to find info on them has been a bit of a pain up until i found this site so once again great site and i hope to get a plenty of banter with you all soon.
                                                                                                       rod.
no matter what falls of or brakes i don't stop a run till the battery dies

poptart

• Gold Level
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 17:31:33 »
welcome rod,,this site has been an amazing tool for me the last few months as my collection has grown from 1 to 18 lol
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 19:27:30 »
thankyou. yea ive been lurking on here for about a fornight and have went from 1 and a half max hoppers and added 3 jet hoppers and a tayio [dickie] jet fighter. also have my eye on another two  :)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 22:18:43 »
Thanks guys! Welcome to the site! I hope that eventually I can have this geared up more for all the Tyco fans, since you guys are making up the majority of the visitors now.   8)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 23:34:49 »
thats sounds great ;D,,hey rod be sure to check out the ebay auctions section,, i about to link a jet bandit in box and a rare taiyo black rider that are on ebay uk
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 06:05:12 »
haha thats the two ive been watching for the last few days. could live without the black rider but its nice however i would eat a persons arm of till get hold of that of that jet bandit lol  :D

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 07:13:36 »
Lol,,,its said that the jet bandit is the fastest non 9.6v turbo vehicle im sure its a blast and its in mint shape
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 11:19:56 »
welcome to the forums

the jet bandits equilivent is the tyco outlaw truck not as good as the 9.6v cars but still a nice truck with nice speed i was itching to put a bid on it my self but i have to stop collecting at the momment pretty rare ive only seen a few pop up on uk ebay
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 17:03:32 »
Thanks guys! Welcome to the site! I hope that eventually I can have this geared up more for all the Tyco fans, since you guys are making up the majority of the visitors now.   8)

yeah, welcome, rodncathstewart.  Hope you find many great things here.

Although it is a sad lement that most of us non-R/C guys have fallen off in the last year.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 11:09:36 »
thanks again for the welcome guys.
 :D :D