Author Topic: Fast Traxx mini car, not R/C but a smaller scaled hotwheel type....  (Read 4596 times)

just_chilin

• Bronze Level
Hey everyone, I got this really cool Tyco Traxx scaled down car today. Its not r/c but more of a push car, a bit bigger than a hotwheels. Its made by Playtime Products Inc. and has the Tyco name on it also. Just wondering if any of you guys have ever seen one. Its in near new condition with all stickers intact and looking nice with the exception of a couple of the wheels having some extra plastic along the rim, not sure if it was a production issue or someone melted the rims a little, I have to take a closer look later. Anyways,  Its dated 1991. Just wanted to share and hopefully get some input. Thanks everyone! Oh, on one of the pics, I placed a quarter in front just for comparison.

poptart

• Gold Level
Re: Fast Traxx mini car, not R/C but a smaller scaled hotwheel type....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 01:10:52 »
Very neat !!!,,thanks for the pics,,,,its a tyco pull back ive had a few over the years and they are pretty rare and pop up once in a blue moon.they made a few like the big ones way back when they made both the fast traxx the hammer truck  the eliminator and the bandit that i can recall right now. the wheels on your have definitely been melted from some sort of heat source here is a link to two that just sold on ebay the other day,,,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TYCO-Fast-Traxx-X2-Pull-Back-Wind-up-Car-Truck-9-6v-Turbo-/280775863932?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item415f8bae7c#ht_1260wt_922
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 01:31:31 by poptart »
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

just_chilin

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 11:54:59 »
Very neat !!!,,thanks for the pics,,,,its a tyco pull back ive had a few over the years and they are pretty rare and pop up once in a blue moon.they made a few like the big ones way back when they made both the fast traxx the hammer truck  the eliminator and the bandit that i can recall right now. the wheels on your have definitely been melted from some sort of heat source here is a link to two that just sold on ebay the other day,,,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TYCO-Fast-Traxx-X2-Pull-Back-Wind-up-Car-Truck-9-6v-Turbo-/280775863932?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item415f8bae7c#ht_1260wt_922
So you are absolutely correct!! I checked the car this morning and sure enough, its a pullback! It was a little sticky, I think because of the slightly melted wheels, but after a few tries it gets going. Thanks again for the info, its an even cooler little car now.

The King

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:32:02 »
 Great find i to have been looking for these.I'll collect anything with traxx.  Maybe you can dremel the excess melted goop and straighten it.Im pretty sure theres a fix for that,than color the five spoke chrome just like its bigger brother.

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 16:46:45 »
Ive never seen this one but I do have a red XV Racers fast traxx new in box with the buggy type body. Its just like that but motorized and waterproof
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

mstana

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 17:16:55 »
i also have these, i have both traxx trucks pull backs mint in package, wheels are also kinda melted, i fig it was the packaging in the sun...and i also have the motorized racer style.