Author Topic: Entering the World of Warcraft  (Read 6401 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Entering the World of Warcraft
« on: June 01, 2009, 22:55:31 »
Tonight I'm downloading and installing the World of Warcraft. I've heard quite a bit about this game but never gotten involved before. The last game that I played similar to this was Neverwinter Nights, which I played online with my friend Keith years ago.

This download is taking quite a while, so I won't be getting in there tonight, but hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow night to get my introduction to the game. I'm both excited and nervous about the new adventure since I don't really know anything about how the game works, things that you should and shouldn't do, etc., other than what I've learned from Leeroy Jenkins. (I used to work with guys who played WOW all the time, so I've seen a few WOW videos and heard about the infamous Leeroy Jenkins.) Hopefully I don't screw up too bad, especially since my friend Chris (TylerChuit) has a 20th level character for me to use.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:06:00 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Entering the World of Warcraft
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:12:02 »
You're probably going to want to start a new character anyway.  I'm not going to always be on at the same times you are, and it would be good for your level 20 to stick with my level 20 to keep pace and be doing the same quests. :)

I'll get you the ventrilo info when you get into the game so we can get you going.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:42:15 »
After seeming like the game was fully ready to go, it took almost 3 more hour to get all the patches in and finally get the game to start. By that time it was too late to do anything, so hopefully I'll get a chance to play this with Chris tonight.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 15:38:38 »
It is a Hoover vacuum for time. If you find yourself enjoying the game, odds are, it's probably three hours past what time you think it is.
If you can get enough enjoyment out of the free trial, perfect. If you become involved enough to pay the subscription fee for a month, no worries. If you become obsessed, you'll need an intervention and counceling to get away from the demon known as WOW.
Good luck and happy gaming.   ;D

mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:43:49 »
Hmm...  so then what does it mean if you buy a second account for the "recruit-a-friend" perks including a mount that looks like a zebra, and then get your friend to play to hide your shame? ???

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 15:07:54 »
Very shameful.
However, if you never tell anyone, your one slick dude.
Probably with a lot less time than before.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 11:55:57 »
Cool... then forget I asked. 8)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 21:19:38 »
I think that when you have to do something on a daily basis and can't live without it for even a day...then you're just one sick puppy...

Oops...gotta go...haven't checked my Facebook in a few hours...

derelicte

• Silver Level
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 11:56:30 »
Be careful. I heard WoW is addictive.  ;D
A man's perception creates his own reality.