Author Topic: Tomorrow is the Big Day  (Read 5090 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Tomorrow is the Big Day
« on: January 11, 2009, 23:25:23 »
Tomorrow is the first day of the spring semester. Break time is over.

Yesterday we visited my parents again. My youngest brother, Lazer, is going away to a bootcamp-style school for about 6 months. My step-brother Kevin was also there. Prior to this past week, I don't think I'd seen him for about 16 years. So this week we had a bit of a family reunion. In addition to us going over there yesterday, we all got together on Tuesday of this past week, since my brother, Tim, and sister, Deidre were able to join us. We all had a good time. Dad gave us a scare with his false "heart attack" diagnosis and later we had a fun time when Laura, Tim's wife, taught us a fun party game that I'll refer to as Disorder. Unfortunately, Disorder can only be played once with the same group of people. As long as one person doesn't know how the game works, it can be played, but that person must be the Doctor. 

In addition to tomorrow being the first day of the spring semester, I have a phone interview for a job I recently applied for. I just checked the website again and the job posting has been removed, so either they have someone chosen already or they got enough candidates that they are certain they've found one. Only time will tell if I'm the one. I'll post the results as soon as I know myself.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: Tomorrow is the Big Day
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:43:17 »
Good luck with that.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 18:28:01 »
How did you do? I was thinking good thoughts for you all day.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 00:31:04 »
Thanks guys! Between classes, the interview, kids, and dishes, I've been quite busy today. At this point, I'm not sure if I got the job or not. There were some questions about some things that I wasn't familiar with, but I believe that some of it may have been terminology that I wasn't familiar with even though I understand the concepts. It may also be something I could pick up on the job. I asked when a decision would be made and they said, "within a week... or less." I'll definitely let you guys know as soon as I hear back from them.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 16:27:36 »
Hey guys, it's been a busy week with classes and things. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten any information about that job yet. I called today around noon and spoke to a secretary who said there was no information on record about the position yet. She said that they do generally contact everyone who they interviewed, so if I haven't heard back they probably haven't made their final decision. That's what I would have guessed, but today is the last day to drop classes without having to pay for them so I was hoping to know by now if I got the job or not.