Author Topic: tyco trucks I would need info/specs- whats the best?  (Read 16761 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
tyco trucks I would need info/specs- whats the best?
« on: July 26, 2010, 21:59:06 »
Alright so i'm in a need of help here. i am trying to figure out the pros and cons of these trucks i have pictured here. my little brother has never experienced a good r/c car but he's seen my super fast traxx and want something to compete with it. i want to find the best one for him, i would prefer an Outlaw if anyone has one because he saw it on the back of my super fast traxx box, But I really don't know anything about any of these tyco trucks so if anyone could help me out. tell me whats fast whats got good tourch what is durable( this is key cause he will play with it) what mhz they are if you have them and what size battery they take..........So if you can help please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: tyco trucks I would need info/specs- whats the best?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 22:00:14 »
plus these two+++++
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 23:47:51 »
I'm not quite sure about the Outlaw, but I believe all of the ones that you've pictured will use the 9.6V battery pack. Every Tyco that I know of has been available in two frequencies - 27 Mhz and 49 Mhz.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 03:56:38 »
i have the harley pick up and that is a pic that i taken but i have cleaned it up now that truck is a beast my highjacker lambos and a few others will do doughnuts on my laminated flooring that truck wont turn hit the turbo and turn  it just goes straight i think the accelaration is to much and the front wheels cant grip enough and thats in both gears without the bike on the back take it on the road turns fine and is crazy for wheelies if done right

i dont know what the other trucks are like i aint got 1 or seen any of them in use my self all them truck have a good reputation but the outlaw and hammer would be my last choice
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:51:25 by djdarkforces »
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:45:40 »
the yellow eliminator is 49 mhz

the red bandit should be 49 because all my black ones are 27

that super bandit is the same as the eliminator in all ways but the stickers and the paticular one pictured is 27 mhz and also a eliminator in that color stickers is 27 mhz

ive heard the hammer could hold its against the other trucks mentioned above and can do a wheelie from a stand still
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 07:49:27 »
also, i dont know if you ever seen the tyco firepower truck or the tyco python when they came out but they were 6.0v powered and they were slugs.......that outlaw looks cool but its 6 aa batteries isnt gonna be much different if any than the 6.v trucks which means your brother is probaly gonna be disappointed if he gets that and runs against the super fast trax
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 11:28:07 »
yeah i figured its the slowest of the bunch. he  just really likes it. if anyone has any of these trucks and they would be willing to sell, give me a price. I am a young collector of only 18 so i do  have a budget because of schooling but shoot me any ideas and prices. and i would love more feedback from anyone who owns or knows anything about these trucks!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE GAVE ME IN PUT SO FAR!!  :)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 11:33:09 »
i have the harley pick up and that is a pic that i taken but i have cleaned it up now that truck is a beast my highjacker lambos and a few others will do doughnuts on my laminated flooring that truck wont turn hit the turbo and turn  it just goes straight i think the accelaration is to much and the front wheels cant grip enough and thats in both gears without the bike on the back take it on the road turns fine and is crazy for wheelies if done right

i dont know what the other trucks are like i aint got 1 or seen any of them in use my self all them truck have a good reputation but the outlaw and hammer would be my last choice

thanks for your picture! haha does the harley truck take a 9.6v battery? p.s. its a sweet looking truck

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 00:56:53 »
ill answer for him.....yep its 9.6.

before i started comming here to this site the first of this year there was one just like his on ebay, i bid 125 bucks and still didnt win, then when i joined this site there was a link to the same auction i was bidding on and thats when i found out the one i was bidding on didnt even have the motorcycle with it anymore like dj's does, actually i didnt know there was suppose to be one until i seen his......iam waiting for the day that dj advertises that harley truck for sale!!
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 04:06:23 »
lol yep its a 9.6v maybe msg me in about 20yr lol its 1 of my favs :D they are very rare ive only seen 1 for sale the 1 u said without the bike ive always wanted a eliminator or super bandit i like the spoiler and exhaust pipes up the side i always thought they did a 9.6v+2AA outlaw untill i had a good look up on the net but they didnt if they had done a 9.6v it would of blown all the other 9.6v pick ups away coz of the booster what ever u get as long as it is a 80s / 90s 9.6v tyco there all good have u thought about  looking at any taiyo rc trucks they done some nice 1s to and they dont cost as much on ebay

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 10:14:09 »
i haven't looked at any other brands. i sceptical because i don't know how they preform, but if you can shoot me some names of some that are good that would be awesome!

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 03:41:22 »
ye taiyo they got some nice 1s out they got alot of hoppers /jet hopper turbo /max hopper 4x4/grabber hopper4x4/rookie ace/madrat/super off roader/they done 1 like a bandit same body wheels etc but it had twin 370 motors i nearly won 1 on ebay cant remember the name tho and they done alot that are the same as the tyco 1s just resticker them give a different controller and some times they take 8AA instead or 9.6v or sometimes they they take both with a adapter that they give with the car heres a few of some of the same cars are /twin lambo/blaster/scorher/bandit/hoppers almost all main tyco taiyo has it to

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 09:54:08 »
yeah taiyo is the brand behind the old tycos, i'll see what i can find.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 07:01:31 »
lol yep its a 9.6v maybe msg me in about 20yr lol its 1 of my favs :D they are very rare ive only seen 1 for sale the 1 u said without the bike ive always wanted a eliminator or super bandit i like the spoiler and exhaust pipes up the side i always thought they did a 9.6v+2AA outlaw untill i had a good look up on the net but they didnt if they had done a 9.6v it would of blown all the other 9.6v pick ups away coz of the booster what ever u get as long as it is a 80s / 90s 9.6v tyco there all good have u thought about  looking at any taiyo rc trucks they done some nice 1s to and they dont cost as much on ebay

when you get ready to turn loose of that HD truck ill have an almost perfect eliminator waiting on ya
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 01:07:12 »
if i do decide to sell it ill let u know