Author Topic: Renewing the shine on your Tyco  (Read 7851 times)

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
Renewing the shine on your Tyco
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:37:49 »
I got a few more tyco's in today that looked to be in pretty sad shape but actually had a ton of potential. Over time our cars can lose their luster to weathering, heavy use or other ways like a dumbass spray painting in his garage with a blind fold on. Dont worry there is a good way to take care of most if not all of the weathering your tyco has undergone in the last 18 years or so.

I started off with Hi-Jacker that has seen better days. This one has had its share of roll overs and the brilliance of a professional painter allowing over spray to settle all over the body. To get the over spray off I used a wax that would not only make the car shine but will not leave white wax residue in every line of the body. Turtle wax makes a color matching wax that works awesome on real cars and does the same on rc bodies. For the Hi-Jacker I used the black to get the original shine plus.

This is the car after a really good wipe down and as clean as I could get it.

The wax has made a night and day difference over what it looked like

More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: Renewing the shine on your Tyco
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:32:50 »
that looks really nice man, i might need to get some of that wax.

i see you stole the blasters tires, i must say though i love my blaster, i road out a 30+ foot wheelie in high gear.

now do you have a remote to run the highjacker, and activate the body popping up? i guess maybe a mutator remote
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:23:02 »
that has put a nice shine on that good job imma gonna have to get some thanks for sharing  ;)
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:51:08 »
Yeah I borrowed a shock and tire off my extra black bandit so now all three of them are complete.

Once that front end comes off the ground of the blaster it just sits in a wheelie, I think the over hanging rockets in the back were on purpose haha.

The mutator remote would work except its both forward sticks like a fast traxx, however I think I might be able to switch electronics and make a remote to do both functions

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 11:09:27 »
what frequency is it talk nice to me i might sell you a hi jacker controller for cheap it does works   ;D

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 11:37:03 »
its awesome for wheelies. haha

look at you scorcher haha talk nice to me  ;D
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:57:09 »
lol nah as long as the price of delivery is covered its his here is a pic its a 27mhz

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 11:58:57 »

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 12:02:39 »
Ahhh wouldnt ya know it, my hi-jacker is a 49mhz haha. I wonder if I can use the shell from it and adapt it to my 49mhz  from the eliminator remote then put the 27mhz back in the eliminator remote and give it to cz ,hmmmm

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 12:06:17 »
this controller works all my 27mhz cars hd truck lambos mad rat so should work tha

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 12:11:00 »
Yeah these work on all 3 color tag cars and i believe up to the mutator era, ill have to test it when i get home.

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 12:13:45 »
when i had it i didnt think it would work them on the back its just a silver 27mhz sticker doesnt have the 3 colour on it

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 12:28:29 »
Yeah when I got them in yesterday I flipped the eliminator and hi-jacker over and saw the tag and I thought, oh *censored* they might have a different radio. So I turned on a 27 and 49 3 color radio and they all worked.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 14:17:24 »
yeah, i think they did change it though cause when i had my maximum heat fast traxx remotes wouldn't work with the others/older ones and vice versa

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 15:33:47 »
Im just itching to get home and finish that hi-jacker body and see how well the eliminator car turn out. The blaster has little bit of over spray too so itl look even better once I get that all off. Kinda wish id brought one to work today haha