Author Topic: My project Yellow Bandit  (Read 9722 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
My project Yellow Bandit
« on: December 13, 2011, 19:48:14 »
Alright guys check it out i've had this idea for awhile, but don't know where to start, i'm using a wild thing rear on a eliminator chasis, and a fast traxx body, now i need to know what electronics inside i need so all who have modified tyco's help me out.  i'd like it to do 30mph but i don't know if the stock motor could do that.

so what do i need?

"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

olds45512

• Silver Level
Re: My project Yellow Bandit
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 21:03:40 »
heres some pics of my modded eliminator , i used a futaba s3003 servo, axial ae1 speed control and a futaba receiver. i choose the the axial ae1 because its one of the only esc that let me use the stock 8 cell tyco pack and because its small as space is limited. the full size servo fit better than the micro servo i was planning to use. i took my time and did it right, the truck powers on with the stock switch and i left the antenna screwed on so the truck looks stock. i used the stock motor because the way it mounts is weird and an aftermarket motor wouldnt fit correctly and because the gears wont really take alot of motor. my truck will do about 25-30 in high gear and will do wheel stands from a dead stop in high gear but i dont run it much so i dont know how long the gears will last.

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff386/olds45512/modded%20tyco/

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 22:15:20 »
sweet, i want it to look something like this when i'm done, like a full sized outlaw. but i do have all those other bodies to choose form

"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 22:20:29 »
if you go to the parts store and pick up some buffing compound you can get most of the discoloration off that body. just rub it on with a rag and with a little elbow grease it should look good as new.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 22:37:22 »
ahh thank you! i plan to put some kind of stickering on it once i figure out what to call it  wild thing bandit wild outlaw, something

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 23:05:47 »
that's badass i love it !!!,,,i wonder what it would look like with the chrome windshield also??? since it complements the outlaw so well,,,,you've already got the chrome motor in the back,,first thing i thought of before i read your last post was bandit wild thing lol
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 23:23:14 »
here i put the chrome shield in off an extra body i have. i think it would need chrome rims then

i thought this looked cool

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 23:28:46 »
yeah agreed the black looks better,,,,and wow now thats a bandit wild thing !!!!,,,they should have put that into production
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 23:32:28 »
i have wild thing bodies to rip the decals from, sadly only one has the spoiler with the large logo.

fatboyfsx

• Bronze Level
  • white guy
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 00:15:20 »
Very cool project   8)

Any plan on how to attach the engine into the bed yet?
"When the going gets tough, Outlaw gets even tougher"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 00:29:42 »
easy, this is a fast traxx body so it already has alittle hole where the light came out, so the plug on the engine can barely fit in there supersnug. then i'll cut a slit to make the latch click  into place like it does on the outlaw

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 00:36:25 »
30mph? are you going brushless?

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 00:40:24 »
nope stock motor, i want it to top out at 30. im good with 25

fatboyfsx

• Bronze Level
  • white guy
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 01:55:43 »
easy, this is a fast traxx body so it already has alittle hole where the light came out, so the plug on the engine can barely fit in there supersnug. then i'll cut a slit to make the latch click  into place like it does on the outlaw

Nice, I was hoping making a slit would be the only modification needed.
"When the going gets tough, Outlaw gets even tougher"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 01:58:47 »
yeah i might rig the engine up to power lights