Author Topic: TANDY//RADIO SHACK .... TURBO FOX .. TOY TO HOBBY GRADE ..CONVERSION  (Read 42544 times)

notatoy

• Silver Level
Re: TANDY//RADIO SHACK .... TURBO FOX .. TOY TO HOBBY GRADE ..CONVERSION
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 14:16:25 »
it remains for the body posts to be made and installed then we are ready for a off road video of dirt thrashing haha   :D ;D ;D ;D

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 19:16:34 »
sweet!! so today i got a red mini traxx, yellow mini traxx, half traxx, 2 yellow fast traxx, and a orange/red fast traxx! no remote for the red mini traxx or half traxx =[ the half traxx wont run correctly. i would love to get that going it is a single engine, your 280 there might fit  ;)
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2010, 02:36:12 »
sweet!! so today i got a red mini traxx, yellow mini traxx, half traxx, 2 yellow fast traxx, and a orange/red fast traxx! no remote for the red mini traxx or half traxx =[ the half traxx wont run correctly. i would love to get that going it is a single engine, your 280 there might fit  ;)
HI czstycor/c   sounds like you got a bargain job lot there ..  :D..  i would think this 280 would fit  but am on the understanding that the tyco fast traxx runs duell 370 motors  ??? ohh sorry i went over your post again  HALF TRAXX    :-[  could you post pics and dimensions of the old motor ?????
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:41:58 by notatoy »

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2010, 15:46:32 »
haha, i tried it, the half traxx is nippier than the fast traxx but probably the same speed overall. check the tco thread in a little i'm going to update my collection. sadly no remote i have collectly controls the half traxx. :'(
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2010, 16:23:37 »
tyco thread*

width 1 1/4 inches
length 1 3/4 inches

those are rough

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2010, 16:47:27 »
hi bro great collection i just looked them over in the your other thread awsome  ;D.. the motor i just run a tape over a 370 motor and it is more or less the same size as you have stated  the 280 is  smaller buy both dimensions , so look for a 370 brushed motor should be lots about on the nett  ;D

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2010, 16:54:28 »
ohh losi do a 370 to .lol.. but this is in the united kingdom check out tower hobbies       ;D    http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=29141

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2010, 18:29:00 »
would putting a different 370 in it make it faster? and would i need to change out the electronics

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2010, 18:44:12 »
would putting a different 370 in it make it faster? and would i need to change out the electronics
hi bro yes and no that motor will be faster than stock but should not pull enough amps to overload the stock esc  as it is the closed end bell type with none replacable brushes unlike the 280 i ordered but if  you  were to fit something like the 370 in this next link you would need new electronics   as it is whats known as a mod motor with a high amp draw ..   http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0837

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2010, 20:43:59 »
hmm interesting

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2010, 04:07:34 »
or if you wanted something running more stock  in a 300 can size these are pretty good motors and have lots of tourq  http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/graupner_7302.html

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2010, 15:04:52 »
WELL GOOD NEWS  ;D she is finished at last made and installed the body posts today and did a little tidy up  did a small test run and WOW what a difference . i have chosen low gear on the selector lever for better acceleration  not realy to botherd about top end it seems to have good speed . running on 7.4 volt  on 9.6 i would think it would be uncontrolable  . iam undecided as to weather or not to lock the differential a old rock crawler trick that gives better climbing and tourqe . any how video to follow very soon just need the rain to stop ha ha thanks  :D ;D

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2010, 11:21:18 »
OK  GUYS BAD NEWS  epic fail  i was running the turbo fox to get some video when i hit  a bolder with the car ,upon till that point things were great , so after inspecting the car there was a little damage to the rear wing no big deal . so i set of again thinking nothing wrong then i heard the noise of doom gearbox  :'(  slipping . opend it up and the teeth have striped of the main gear . so i selected high gear ratio hopeing this would solve the problem . but no still the same seems the gearbox is beyonde repair . :'(. and so ends the life of the turbo fox  . on another note iam going to strip out the hobby grade motor and electronics for  hot wheels mini t look a like .so nothing will be waisted    . seen in this pic she runs a stock 280 so the losi will fit i will tranplant the servo and hobby grade esc also the reciever thanks   ..

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2010, 12:17:21 »
so sad =[ i really need to fabricate a bumper for my hot wheels buggie. all that work on the fox haha. i was excited to see a video haha

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2010, 13:34:51 »
so sad =[ i really need to fabricate a bumper for my hot wheels buggie. all that work on the fox haha. i was excited to see a video haha
   yes well thats the way it goes with toy car conversions  you win some you lose some great shame as it was running great i suspect that may be because of the age of it that the plastic gears were pretty weak .. never mind i have the hot wheels in pieces as we speak the losi 28 motor is fitted and the toy electronics are out will start a new thread thanks  ;D