Author Topic: My collection  (Read 19157 times)

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
Re: My collection
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 22:50:34 »
Haha I know how it is wanting an outlaw, Ive wanted one since I saw my first one at Toys r us in 1994. The one I always remembered was black so I have an attachment to that one so I would be willing to sell the red one, say what would you wanna do any trading on it?

Yeah thats the one and actually, I didnt even have it for sale when he bought it. I made an ad for rc cars on craigslist about 1.5 years ago and he kept my number and called me after I had erased it.
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 22:56:29 »
well i don't want an outlaw actually, it wouldn't be for me at all. i'm really trying to bond with my little brother since we have no shared interests in life, and i missed out on key years when he was stuck in the hospital with cancer. so i started playing with these cars in the summer with him and we actually were having fun, i showed him a bunch of tyco's and this was his absolute favorite even though i said it is slow, he didn't care he likes the "power boost engine" so i've been on the hunt ever since and have missed all that i've seen.

i might trade depends what you want.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 23:00:58 »
whats a pitty is that this time last year there were about 5-6 of them on ebay a couple nib and they didnt really get alot of action. was even a red and a black one with a 70 buy now that stayed up for 2 weeks
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 23:06:41 »
see it is killing me that i didn't find it for christmas and he had to settle for the scorcher. i saw his hopes get up when he saw the present was from me and then saw tyco on the box but then said "its a scorcher" with dissapointment in his tone. 

I really wanted to get one, and hopefully have some one on here do what you did Bandit king and make it be able to keep up with the fast traxx and even sf traxx, then use the power boost engine and put lights on it. so i will get one sooner or later.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 23:14:57 »
As much as I hate selling mine and rarely, rarely do anymore I would love to see it go to a good home where it would be loved and appreciated by someone like me who really wanted one. What would you think about trading it for the twin turbo hopper? Does that one run?

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 23:26:41 »
man i Knew you would say that! haha oh man thaty will kill me but here is the deal withthat one. yes it runs, just it doesn't straiten out right when it turns, i had replaced the plastic pieces on the steering and that helped but its not perfect. the servo probably needs greesed or i was just going to put a different one in. the front spoiler is broke, but not that it doesn't function on the car just the bottom half of the groved circl circle that goes around the pin broke from age. i have the piece and it can be j.b. welded back but it doesn't affect the spoiler staying on really, plus i would take the spoiler off to run.

but bottom line it runs, but there is no remote. i use my universal 49mhz remote to i think 5 different cars for it. the romote with your lambo would work

i kinda wish you would have said a super fast traxx
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 23:44:28 by czstycor/c »

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 23:52:54 »
Haha,im just trying to think of something thats worth letting this one go for. Ive just spent the last 10 mins running it on wood floors and it actually gets up to speed and is pretty quick. Judging by the tires it hasnt had near the miles that my other 2 have. It drives arrow straight and the steering returns perfect. The thing that sucks is that my hobby outlaw 1st gear is stripped out of and my stock black outlaw the slide lever wont keep it in high. This red one runs perfect in every sense and is practically mint. Im not sure where the remote is but ive been running it with my super 4wd pickups remote.

Actually I was kinda wanting a super fast traxx more. Do you have a spare that runs?

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 00:00:01 »
haha i do have two, and the one on the way lacking the back wheel. hmm, i no the super fast traxx is worth far more than the out law since in the past 8 months i haven't seen one sell for than 30 bucks.

but no remote that is a bummer. is there a box?

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 00:11:16 »
Yeah its kinda hard to put a value on it but it really just comes down to the people that really want them seeing them at an auction. Ive seen these sell for $20 then ive seen them sell for over well over $120 several times. Its the same as a bandit, I picked my black one up in the box for $65 a few years back then ive seen asking over $500 for them. Outlaws are extremely rare about 5 times more rare than the bandit and they do have a high value to them but if nobody is looking for one they wont go for much at that time. Same goes for any car. People overlook outlaw because its not a 9.6v car but when the collector crowd starts realizing how rare they are they are gonna shoot up in value, especially since they are 7.2v and only cars in 6 cell that had an actual special useable feature. I will look for the remote but I have soo many around its hard to sift through them all. I dont have the box for any of my outlaws

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 00:13:34 »
im trying to figure out how you dont get stressed trying to figure out which one of 200 r/c do ya wanna mess with, id have a melt down
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 00:26:15 »
Ya know it can be frustrating at times, I just dont know when im gonna stop buying them

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 00:28:11 »
why is it that 6 cells is 7.2v, but the outlaw is clearly slower than a bandit, but the sftraxx is 6cells but they are larger cells and it is faster?

i don't know there is probably a simple answer.

but i got some possible options.

i send you the twin hopper  and you send me the outlaw with bandit stickers.

or i send you a super fast traxx, with the hopper bodies and maybe even extra treads and some money. but id also send a bandit/hopper chasis that you make hobby grade with that stock mod and all(maybe aluminum gears haha!)? and send back with the outlaw and stickers.

this second option is my dream one haha don't expect you to really consider it  ;D but i had to put it out there

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 00:42:48 »
Its because the motors in the fast traxx are much more powerful and the speed control throw out more current. If you were to use the speed control from an outlaw for instance, and say wire it to the fast traxx it wouldnt be near as fast. Its a combo of motor and speed control.

I will have to get the stickers drawn up first then can start printing them out. As for the gears I need to get in touch with the machinist and get him a set of gears to start with, which I still need an extra rear end to send out.

Haha yeah ill trade the outlaw for a super fast traxx, hopper bodies, some treads and cash........

Let me know what your wanting for that super and maybe we can come up with something or other trades

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 01:01:54 »
haha, i have an extra rear that would be the one you could send out then mod.

well, i know the sfast traxx is worth 200 easy. without the box, which no one will get the box from me haha. treads i'm pricing at 50 a pair. the bodies i'll do cheap 12. so that is 262.

the outlaw is 65 if you get the remote? i dont really know the value. and the stickers could be ????
but if you want you could use the rear i have its solid axle off a wild thing. but i would need it back haha.

i think ya should have picked option two  ;D

but take a look at my cellection im sorry there isn't much to choose from, see if there is stuff you like.

http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/czsummy/?action=view&current=P1050139.mp4

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 01:30:30 »
Hell yeah, thats a sweet collection youve got there. You forgot about the porsche 959 haha.

Whats the status/condition on the parts twin turbo lambo and eliminator

Also kinda interested in the mini fast traxx