Author Topic: WANTED: Parts for "TYCO" Radio Control Twin Turbo Lamborghini 1/12th  (Read 24837 times)

stan

• Gold Level
Re: WANTED: Parts for "TYCO" Radio Control Twin Turbo Lamborghini 1/12th
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 00:55:24 »
get a photo bucket account and post the pic for forum use. It starts with [img] and ends with [img]

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 00:56:31 »
have you tried to glue it?  Use loctite super ultra gel

fatboyfsx

• Bronze Level
  • white guy
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 01:59:10 »
get a photo bucket account and post the pic for forum use. It starts with [img] and ends with [img]

Yea photobucket rocks, especially if you are unfamiliar with [img] tagging cause you can just upload your picture then move your cursor over it and the options pop up to copy the link with [img] tag included. One click copies it, extremely simple!
"When the going gets tough, Outlaw gets even tougher"

Marino13

• Copper Level
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 23:47:42 »
Hey Poptart,

Was looking at my Lambo and I don't believe the uppers and lowers are interchangeable. In fact, the lowers are left and right due to the fact that the lower arms have the extra bracket molded into it that the cylindrical piece is screwed into.   :(  Sooo if I'm right I have to find a left lower (driver's side) that is not cracked or broke. That really makes it a difficult find now, huh?  ???

Marino13

• Copper Level
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 23:52:18 »
Stan, I'll check it out. Using Flickr! now.

And I will try to glue it but I want a new one to replace on this car that has NEVER been run. After 20+ years I took it out of the box and found the broke piece. Factory defect.   >:(

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 00:01:24 »
Yes and no,,,now that you've posted pics i see exactly what you need,,,i broke the same piece on mine before as I'm sure many people have and i just Used that loctite super gel like Stan mentioned and it worked great Ive had a few high speed crashes since and its held up great and you cant tell where i did it so I'm happy,,,if you dont trust that you could always plastic weld it or just wait for a parts car with that has not been crashed or just on the pass side,now you know you can use one off a twin turbo Indy as well
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Marino13

• Copper Level
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 00:08:05 »
Well, looking at the guy's pics in the auction I don't see any cracks in the lowers but he says there are. I just wonder if he's looking at those hairline "looking" cracks that I even see on my car that has never been run. He may be looking at injection molding lines and assuming they are cracks. Can't get him to respond thru eBay's mail. Makes me wonder what's up.  :-\

Fixing to send him another message.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 00:16:27 by Marino13 »

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 00:31:11 »
Yeah he maybe talking about those,i went over his pictures with a fine tooth comb and i didnt see any,, i do know the mold lines your talking about i see them on mine also and that always surprises me,i sell real cars and you would think if you want to sell something you would respond to potential buyers but giving them the benefit of the doubt it is the holidays and they could just be away from the CPU but on the other hand with all the modern tech. we have with ipads,androids,blackberry's etc.we are never really "away" from the net and our accounts,,,,if i get a MSG or notification from ebay or paypal it goes straight to my droid so idk
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Marino13

• Copper Level
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 00:39:12 »
Yeah I know. With all the gadgets we have it's too easy to keep updated.

BTW did you see this auction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270877052380?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

He'd already listed it once and now he's dropped the price a bit but I still think it's too much for a single Turbo.

I can't help wondering if the lower arms would be the same as the Twin.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 03:20:56 »
they prob are but that one is far to nice to part out unless that was your last resort,,im sure someone on here has both a twin and a single and could look and compare them once they see this thread
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 14:37:36 »
well since that is my lambo i would think i know haha

i own both and the single has a solid front, it wouldn't work. i do have a "spare" lambo it runs but not the greatest cause its pieced together.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 14:48:08 by czstycor/c »
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Marino13

• Copper Level
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 18:56:36 »
 :o Oh really?  Small world huh?  ::)

Thanks for the info. Even if it would work I'm with Poptart in believing yours is in too good of shape to part out.

Does this other "spare" one you mentioned have the part I need?

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 19:43:20 »
i'm trying to figur out where that is on the car, it'd be nice to see the a chasis picture of where its broken, to me the piece off yours is the shock cap.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 19:52:22 »
hey cz your are correct sir!!! but its the end part of the third shock that sits in the middle of the front twin turbo chassis hope that helps
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Marino13

• Copper Level
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 19:56:06 »
CZ

It is the end cap that inserts into the front axle looking piece. But this cap has a screw in it that connects to a bracket molded into the left lower arm. (Driver's side) The jagged section you see is part of the bracket broken off the arm.